||A leading pharmaceutical company with a large oncology portfolio looking to understand the impact of molecular diagnostic test utilization on their products.
||How should a manufacturer support appropriate, clinically validated molecular diagnostic testing across their oncology franchise?
- ISA’s Oncology & Specialty Therapeutics Team utilized their existing Molecular Diagnostics Database as well as the current literature on diagnostic tests to prioritize those diagnostics most relevant to the client’s brands
- The ISA Team conducted in-depth discussions with their continuously updated and validated extensive network of KOLs, payers, physicians, pathologists and molecular diagnostics vendors to further assess:
- Which tests are most frequently used, when they are performed, and how results help guide treatment decisions
- How the use of diagnostic tests is anticipated to change in the future
- How stakeholders assess the clinical value of molecular diagnostic tests and the factors that influence utilization
- Payer policies and capabilities to manage utilization of tests
- Competitor manufacturer strategies to support use of diagnostic tests
- Remaining unmet needs in molecular diagnostics
- ISA developed criteria by which the available diagnostic tests could be segmented to prioritize those requiring additional clinical validation or educational initiatives to support appropriate use
||ISA recommended vendor and payer partnerships and internal initiatives that could be used to support both brand-specific and franchise-wide molecular diagnostics strategies. The client recently decided to partner with a molecular diagnostic company to support future testing.